Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back to Paris

Does anyone recognize the store window in the picture? It was in the movie Ratatouille. It's a real place, I was so excited to recognize it. It's an exterminator's store, been around for many years. I stumbled upon it on a previous trip. I think I'll have to go track it down again.

I have caught up in relating many of my previous adventures. And now it's time to go. Fifteen minutes and it's out the door to the airport. I arrive tomorrow morning and will be met by Anny Chemla, a friend through the internet and through a Czernowitz connection. We have never met personally, but I feel like I know her already.

I have spent many hours over the past couple of months surrounding myself with French language, tapes, magazines, two different online programs called Yabla and Tell me More. When I started to talk to myself in French I knew I was on the right track. Now it's time to go use it. I hope I have the self discipline to speak French as much as possible.

When I next report it will be from Paris, as soon as I find the time and an internet cafe. It's harder to find them in more developed countries, as most people have their own computers. In places like Thailand and Peru, it was no trouble at all.

A bientot!

No comments: